It won't be long before you will all be let loose on Mill Road but please bear in mind the contractors are still working on the site, delivering top soil and spreading it out. Henry Sleighs team will be biulding the raised beds and making rails for the steps and also a fence at the top of the banks by the shed. We are awaiting for Dennis Smith to start the fence this week and after that everyone can get going. Please do not move any of the markers on site, and those of you that have gone down and started to work the ground please take care when the contractors vehicles are on site and stay well out of their way for your own health and safety and that of the contractors.
The following rules have been put together for our new site and will be adhered to on all new sites run by Nairn Allotment Society.
DUE TO HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY. THIS WILL HELP KEEP THE QUALITY AND NEATNESS OF THE SITE UNIFORMAL.
1. NO CORRUGATED IRON TO BE USED ON SITE.
2. FENCES MUST BE ERECTED WITH POSTS AND FENCING WIRE.(THIS WAY THE SITE WILL ALL LOOK THE SAME)
3. ALL PLOTS MUST BE NUMBERED BY PLOT HOLDERS.
4.ALL DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON LEADS AT ALL TIMES AND DOG LITTER PICKED UP AND REMOVED.
5. FENCES TO BE ERECTED AWAY FROM OUTSIDE FENCE.(TO DETER ANYONE SCALING FENCE AND GETTING IN TO THE SITE).
6. THERE WILL BE A CENTRAL COMPOST AREA AND COMPOST USED TO FILL RAISED BEDS AND TUBS YEARLY.
7.THE BANKS WILL BE PLANTED AND MADE SAFE BY SOCIETY THEN IF ANY ROOM LEFT OVER GIVEN TO PLOT HOLDERS TO USE.
8. ALL COMMUNAL TOOLS IN THE SHED MUST BE STORED THERE ONCE FINISHED WITH AND NOT LEFT OUT.
9. GATE USE TO BE KEPT TO A MINIMUM (IE.IF TOP GATE OPEN THE REST SHOULD BE LOCKED)
10. THE SITE WILL NOT BE A RIGHT OF WAY FOR THE PUBLIC TO PASS THROUGH.
11. ALL PATHS ON SITE TO BE KEPT CLEAN AND WEED FREE BY PLOT HOLDERS.
12.CARE TAKEN WHEN VEHICLES ARE TAKEN ON SITE TO PROTECT FELLOW PLOT HOLDERS.
13.SHEDS TO BE NO BIGGER THAN 6X4 ON INDIVIDUAL PLOTS.
14. NO RUBBISH TO ACCUMULATE ON PLOTS AND THEY MUST ALL BE KEPT TIDY.
15. NO CARPETS TO BE USED TO SUPRESS WEEDS.( TARPAULIN AND POLYTHENE SHEETING CAN BE USED FOR THIS PURPOSE)